Dental Implants are used for replacing a single tooth, several teeth, and or replacing all of your teeth. This is in fact a great option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to many factors. Our endosteal implants can be used for patients with bridges or removable dentures as well. Think of dental implants as artificial tooth roots, similar in shape to screws. When dental implants are placed in your jawbone, they bond with your natural bone. Becoming a sturdy base for supporting one or more artificial teeth, Called crowns. They are the strongest devices available to support replacement teeth and match the strength of a natural tooth.
Single Implant Procedure
Facts about dental Implants
- Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves natural bone, helping to stimulate bone growth.
- A Dental implant cannot get a cavity, but you must still practice good oral hygiene to keep your gums around it healthy.
- Age is not a factor for Dental implants placement. Elderly or younger people can opt for this dental procedure.
- The implant placement procedure is easier than a tooth extraction and is completed within a day.
Placing a Dental implant with a Prosthodontist
- Prosthodontists have advanced training in restoring and replacing teeth.
- The term “Prostho” in “prosthodontist” means replacement.
- Essentially, Prosthodontist are THE recognized experts when anything needs to be replaced in your mouth. This can range from a single tooth needing a implant, Multiple teeth, or all teeth and gums in the mouth. While many other dentists can do some of these treatments, Dr. Viet Ho is a specialist dedicated to this type of procedure.
Prosthodontists offer the most advanced form of sequencing treatment, restorative treatment and maintenance.
Dr. Viet Ho is extensively trained in state-of-the-art techniques and procedures for treating complex dental conditions and restoring optimum function and esthetics. Rigorous training and experience gives prosthodontists a special understanding of the dynamics of a smile and the preservation of a healthy mouth.
Top Oral Care for Implants
The daily care of Dental implants is very similar to the care of natural teeth. Restored Dental implants should be kept clean and plaque free. This can be achieved by brushing and flossing twice a day and giving special attention to each side of the implant as you would a natural tooth.
Scheduling regular checkups with your Doctor and professional cleanings with one of our Dental hygienist ensures the longevity of your Dental implant.
For more information on dental implants or to schedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to call us today at (863) 294-4484!